Peppermint Oil for Aroma Diffuser, Hair Growth, Skincare and Repel Insects
Sharp and invigorating, Peppermint Oil comes from the leaves of the Peppermint plant. Peppermint is known to help clear the mind from overactive thinking and calm discomfort in the belly. Its fresh, uplifting aroma can give the feeling of being energized and awake. Peppermint Essential Oil has a cooling effect and can help relieve head tension and aid in digestion.
Peppermint oil also known as Mentha piperita a naturally occurring hybrid mint between the spearmint and water-mint plants. Peppermint oil is extracted through steam distillation process of the plant leaves. Peppermint is native to India however the hybrid mint is now grown globally including Australia, New Zealand and USA. Peppermint oil has a strong, minty and a penetrative scent based on its high menthol content.
Peppermint essential oil has a thin colorless to pale yellow consistency. Peppermint oil blends well with Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lime, Pine, Rosemary and Spearmint. Peppermint Oil can also be mixed with a carrier oil of choice including Sweet Almond, Castor, Jojoba Golden, Fractionated Coconut and Grapeseed carrier oil.
Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Promotes Hair Growth – Peppermint oil has great regenerative and stimulating effects, which helps relieve dry scalp and irritation. Peppermint oil also stimulates hair growth for those suffering from baldness or want to grow their hair. Peppermint also gives the hair a shiny, fresh look.
- Repels Insects and Rats – Peppermint oil is an excellent and safe way to deter a variety of insects like ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, ants, cockroaches and rodents like rats. Add 10 to 15 Drops of Peppermint Oil to 1 Cup of water and mix it in a spray bottle and spray between cracks where insects and rodents live.
- Skin care – Peppermint oil contains menthol, which is good for the skin because it gives a cooling sensation. Peppermint oil nourishes dull skin and improves the texture of oily or greasy skin. Due to its antimicrobial properties, peppermint essential oil is excellent in treating acne naturally. Peppermint oil also treats sunburns by hydrating skin that has been damaged by severe sun and UV rays. Blend with your favorite carrier oil like Castor, Jojoba, Almond, Coconut or Grapefruit oils and apply to your skin.
- Aromatherapy – Peppermint creates a refreshing breathing experience when inhaled. The refreshing nature of peppermint oil can help relieve stress. Peppermint’s calming effect, when applied at the back of the neck, provides a tingling sensation. It can also help to stimulate mental activity and increase focus on tasks.
- Surface Cleaning – Mix peppermint essential oil with white vinegar and Tea Tree essential oil to make a disinfectant.
- Mouthwash – Peppermint is found in a wide variety of toothpaste as it leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean and providing a cool minty flavor. Peppermint’s active ingredient is menthol which is a powerful agent that protects the teeth against strains that thrive in the mouth.