AIR HUMIDIFIERSSometimes, the air in your home may not have enough moisture. If the air is too dry, it can cause you and your baby some discomfort, especially if she has allergies or a cold. Adding moisture to the air in your home and baby's room can remedy dry skin, coughs and colds, as well as helping babies with respiratory needs to breathe easier, especially during the cold months in Nairobi, Kenya i.e June, July, August, September and October when your turn on your heater the air dries out. A humidifier can help moisturize the air, which might help reduce certain symptoms your little one might be experiencing, such as congestion or a sore throat. Its's important to keep an eye on your home's humidity and temperature with Thermo Hygrometer like Thermopro TP50, it's a handy and inexpensive gadget, designed to take a daily reading so you know you're maintaining your air quality properly. When choosing a humidifier for your home, its important to consider the following:
- Easy to clean - It's very important clean and dry the humidifier's water tank and any parts that come in contact with water on regular basis
- Automatic shutoff - Considering you usually run a humidifier at night while you and your baby are sleeping, you also consider a machine with an automatic shut-off so that if the tank runs out of water it will turn off.
- Room size - Get a humidifier that is appropriate for the size of your room. Too small and not enough mist; too big and you risk of growing mold.
- Lights and Sounds - Some humidifiers for baby room come with a built-in night light and others might play white noise
- Cool Mist Humidifiers - These are most preferred because in some cases warm mist humidifiers can pose a burn risk to baby when tipped over.
FAQ: Can you use a diffuser as a humidifier?
Yes, you can use an essential oil diffuser as a humidifier. If all you need is a little extra humidity for a room, running an ultrasonic diffuser without adding essential oils to the water is perfectly okay. A large capacity humidifier will definitely have a bigger in humidity level raising humidity level at an average rate of 5% while an ultrasonic diffuser will increase the humidity level at an average rate of 1%