Basil Oil for Aroma Diffuser, Massage, Skin and Haircare
Basil Essential Oil is well-loved as a mind-clearing oil for spiritual meditation. Basil’s sweet, herbaceous scent makes it one of the finest oils available for calming and focusing the mind. It is also useful for easing tension and feelings of pain in the head and neck. Basil Essential Oil is extracted through steam distillation of Basil leaves botanically known as Ocimum basilicum. Basil Essential oil has a colorless to a pale amber color with a thin consistency. Basil Essential Oil has a sweet, spicy, herbaceous green scent with a balsamic undertone. Basil oil has been used for a long time in culinary especially in meats, italian dishes and marinades.Today Basil Essential Oil is used in perfumes, oral hygiene products and in aromatherapy. Basil Oil blends well with Bergamot Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Clove Bud Oil, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil and Rosemary Oil.
Basil Essential oil has a wide variety of uses.
- Massage: Basil Oil is commonly used in massages to soothe stiff muscles. Dilute a few drops to a carrier oil of your choice like Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Fractionated Coconut or Grapeseed. Essential Oils that contribute to relaxation like Lavender Oil can also be blended to make a massage oil for a relaxed night in. Basil Oil Can also be added to bathing water to soothe the skin and rejuvenate it for a youthful glow and restore ones skin tone.
- Skincare: Basil Essential Oil is known to soothe acne prone skin and prevent further breakouts. Dilute Basil Essential Oil to a Carrier oil suitable for your face type and dip cotton pad then dab it gently on your face,do this consistently for improved results. This Basil Essential Oil mixture is known to reduce damage caused by external pollutants,excess stress and any other factors that may contribute to acne.
- Aromatherapy: Basil Oil is also widely used for aromatherapy to de-stress, cleanse the air and alleviate feelings of uneasiness, anxiety or unhappiness. Simply add 3-4 drops of Basil Oil to your Essential Oil Diffuser and diffuse for up to 1 hour. For a more effective mix,blend with Lavender Oil or other energizing and uplifting oils like Lemon Oil and Eucalyptus Oil.
- Cooking: Basil Essential Oil is also used to add flavor to dishes, especially Italian pesto,salads, marinades and beverages. Add a few drops of Basil oil to your recipes and enjoy the freshness and herby flavor that Basil Oil emits.
- Repelling Insects: Basil Oil is also known to repel insects by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria that makes the insects thrive. This is a natural way that is more effective and less harmful compared to commercially bought chemical repellents.
- Haircare: Basil Essential oil is also used in hair care,to cleanse the scalp by removing excess oil buildup, strengthening the hair strands and restoring the lustrous natural hair look. Begin by adding few amounts of Basil Oil to ¼ cup of your shampoo or conditioner or both. Then proceed to use as you always do. For a deep cleanse especially for people with dreadlocks, Basil Oil may be diluted in apple cider vinegar and combined with baking soda to cleanse off any excess oil build up.