Star Anise Essential Oil is great for cleaning, digestion, soothing and supporting respiration. Easily recognizable by its warm, sweet licorice scent, Star Anise Essential Oil is believed to be helpful during a woman’s normal transition. It helps ease the sudden heat and sweating which often is present during this time. Star Anise oil is also helpful in relieving the feeling of having overindulged at the dinner table. Star Anise can help smooth out the discomfort and fullness of a tight tummy. Star Anise Oil also known as Illicium verum is extracted through steam distillation of the seeds. Star Anise Oil has a pale yellow color with a thin consistency. Star Anise Oil has a spicy-sweet, pungent licorice-like aroma. Star Anise plant is an evergreen tree that bears star shaped fruits.
Uses of Star Anise Essential Oil
Star Anise Essential oil has a wide range of uses.
- Menopause – Star Anise Essential Oil is used to combat symptoms like sudden bursts of heat and sweating.
- All-purpose cleaning – Star Anise Oil can be mixed with Pine Oil. Add 15 Drops of Star Anise Oil to 30 drops of Pine Oil. Mix well and add to 1 Cup of White Vinegar mixed with Water. Spray and wipe down the kitchen countertops.
- In Aromatherapy – Star Anise Oil can also be used to improve mood and alleviate stress. Add 1 Drop of Star Anise oil, to 3 Drops of Lavender Oil in an Essential Oil Diffuser
- Insomnia – Star Anise is well-known for improving sleep quality and dealing with insomnia. Diffuse a few drops of the Star Anise oil in your bedroom diffuser or a drop of Star Anise Oil in your pillow for a goodnight sleep.
- Repel insects and bugs – Star anise oil can also be used to repel insects, flies and bugs naturally.
- Hair growth – Star Anise Oil is also great in easing dandruff and lice. Star Anise oil can also be used to accelerate hair growth especially in developing hair. Add a few drops of Star anise in your
shampoo, let it rest a few minutes then rinse off.
- Food Flavoring – The star anise oil is also used as a flavoring in some dishes and drinks. Star anise essential oil is quite strong. Use only 1-2 drops of the essential oil to substitute ground or whole Star Anise seed.
- Mouthwash – Due to the spicy-sweet aroma of Star anise oil, its used to freshen breath. Add a few drops of Peppermint Oil to a few drops of Star anise Oil to give you a fresh, sweet and cool breath.
- Natural Cosmetics – Star Anise Oil has a unique scent that makes it a great natural fragrance in soaps, toothpastes, lotions, bath soaps and perfumes.