Camphor was introduced in Madagascar in the middle of the nineteenth century and now grows wild in the central region of Asia. White Camphor Essential Oil is also useful for the aches associated with wear and tear on joints. Discomfort quickly eases when applied topically to affected areas.
Camphor Essential Oil is extracted from Cinnamomum camphora through steam distillation from the chipped wood, branches and root stumps. Camphor Oil is then rectified under vacuum and filter pressed. Camphor Essential Oil has a fresh, intense and woody scent. White Camphor Oil has a clear color with a thin consistency.
Uses of Camphor Oil
- Skincare – Camphor Oil is easily absorbed in the skin, hence when mixed with a carrier oil of your choice can improve the appearance of skin, by tightening the pores. Camphor also reduces appearance of blemishes and gives skin a healthy and silky like feel. Camphor oil improves the skin by reducing and preventing germ build up. To create a night serum for the skin add 10 ml of a carrier oil that suits your skin in an amber glass bottle, next add 5 drops of White Camphor oil, 4 drops of Lemon oil and 3 drops of Lavender oil. Shake well to mix the essential oils. Cleanse your face before going to bed and massage 1 – 2 drops of the blend. Rinse in the morning.
- Massage – Camphor oil can also be used to make a natural massage oil. Add 8 Drops of Camphor Oil to your Carrier oil like Jojoba, Grapeseed and shake well.
- Hair-care – Camphor Oil is known for strengthening hair roots hence boosting hair growth. Camphor oil also improves the hair texture giving it a smooth and soft feel. Camphor Oil also reduces itching and irritation caused by dandruff and dry scalp. This is due to Camphor’s power to be easily absorbed in the skin.
- Pedicure – consider soaking your feet in warm water and add a few drops of Camphor Essential Oil. Apply moisturizer on them or petroleum jelly. This combination also works to ease pain caused by calluses and cracked heels.
- Aromatherapy – Camphor Oil is also known to aid in a good night sleep.The Essential oil calms the body and alleviates stress hence reducing the chances of insomnia. Pour a Drop of Camphor Oil in your bedroom pillow. You can also add 5 drops of Camphor Oil to an oil diffuser a few minutes before sleeping. A long nice soak with Camphor Essential Oil is known to leave the skin smelling nice and glowing. This Camphor Oil soak helps with relaxation and boosting the mood. 15 drops Camphor Oil can be blended with 15 drops Pine Essential oil in an amber glass and diffuse 5 to 10 drops of this blend to enhance